Thursday 1 January 2015

Serero admits disappointment in missing out on national team.

Thulani Serero has admitted to his disappointment at missing out on the African cup of nations but has stated that he is determined to put in some good performances for his club Ajax. The 24 year old had looked likely to be included in the national squad but he was overlooked by South Africa coach Shakes Mashaba. The talented midfielder has put in some strong performances for the Amsterdam club in the Eredivisie this term and it was thought that he would be on the plane to Equatorial Guinea in January. But he will play no part and will now try to prove Mashaba wrong by starring for de Godenzonen. "I am very sorry that I was not selected," he told the Ajax website. "The African Nations Cup is a special tournament and I'd liked to have played for my country. "Now I will flip the switch and focus entirely on Ajax. There are a number of important contests after the winter break and I will give my full focus."

No comments:

Post a Comment